PROF. DR. IMAD IBRAHIM ALI AL-SULTAN
Professor Imad Ibrahim Al-Sultan Ph.D.
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Universiti Malaysia Kelantan, Karung Berkunci 36,
Pengkalan Chepa, 16100, Kota Bharu, Kelantan, Malaysia
Corresponding address: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a professor of Pathology having gained my Professorship at the University of Mosul, Iraq in 1996. I have wide experience in research work and academic teaching in the fields of pathology and pathobiology.
1973 - B.V.M.S. University of Baghdad, Iraq
1976 - M.Sc. University of Baghdad, Iraq
1982- Ph.D. University of Edinburgh, Scotland/UK
1996 - Professorship University of Mosul, Iraq
1963-1966 Al Andalus Intermediate School, Baghdad, Iraq
(Passed ‘Bakaloria’ in Mathematics, Sciences, Arabic, English, History, and Geography).
1966-1968 Adamia Secondary School, Baghdad, Iraq (Passed ‘Higher Level Bakaloria’ in Sciences, Mathematics, Arabic and English).
1968-1973 Baghdad Veterinary Medical College (Veterinary Medical
1974-1976 Baghdad University (Post Graduate Study for MS.C
Degree in Pathology)
1978-1982 Edinburgh University (Post Graduate Study for PhD
Degree in Pathology)
- 8/2009- till know Professor of Pathology and Microbiology in the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine/University Malaysia Kelantan.
- 1/2008- 8/2008 Acting Head Department of nursing in addition to other appointments/ Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences/ Thamar University/ Yemen. 2006-2008 Head, Dept. PathoPhysiology and Vice Dean / Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences / Thamar University / Yemen.
- 2004 -2006 Head, Dept. Patho Physiology and Vice Dean / Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences/Thamar University / Yemen.
- 2003 -2004 Professor of Pathology /College of Medicine/Thamar University / Yemen.
- 2002 -2003 Head, Dept. Pathology/ College of Vet. Medicine/ Baghdad University / Iraq.
- 1999 -2002 Head, Dept. Public Health /College of Vet. Medicine/ Baghdad University / Iraq.
- 1995 -1998 Head, Dept. Public Health/ College of Vet. Medicine / Mosul University / Iraq.
- 1983 -1995 Head, Dept. Pathology/ College of Vet. Medicine/ Mosul University / Iraq.
- 1982 Achieved Ph.D. at Edinburgh University in October and Returned to Iraq.
- 1978 –1982 Arrived in Britain, registered at Edinburgh University, Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies as a Post Graduate Student for a PhD Programme of research work. The programmed research was achieved practically in the Laboratories of the Moredun Research Institute and in the Microbiology and Pathology departments in the Dick School at the University.
- 1976 – 1978 A members of the Teaching Staff / College of Medicine / Mosul University / Iraq.
As a Senior Lecturer and Professor, I have been responsible for teaching students throughout my career. I find the challenge of this work very stimulating and rewarding and see it as an important contribution to the medical profession. I lecture Medical, Dental, Veterinary and Nursing students and also students of other Health Sciences such as those in the laboratory departments. At present I also give scientific supervision and support to: M.Sc. Students in both the Faculty of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine at the University of Thamar in the Yemen.
As Head of the Department of Pathology at the College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Baghdad and Mosul: Before the occupation of Iraq (1987-2003), I was supervising: 4 Diploma Students, 12 MSc Students and 5 PhD postgraduates who were undertaking research activities. At present, postgraduate students under My Supervision in the faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University Malaysia Kelantan is one MSc Student and one PhD candidate.
As Head of Department, it is my responsibility to recommend and to organize the courses for both under-graduate and post-graduate students. I share the responsibility for the teaching of these courses with other colleagues. This will depend upon the availability of staff members to teach the subjects and their chosen specialities.
4. Microbial pathology.
5. General pathology.
Post Graduate Courses
1. Advanced pathology.
2. General and special pathology.
3. Pathogeneses of infectious diseases.
4. Immunohistological techniques.
5. Special topics.
We Academics hold regular meetings of both the Medical Staff and the Veterinary Medical Staff of the Clinico-Pathological Departments and also inter-departmentally at the College, where various Health Problems are discussed. Our Department is especially concerned with the promotion of good health, the prevention and control of outbreaks of infectious diseases and any problems arising, which are concerned with this area. Staff will be assigned to carry out investigations and to research records regarding specific cases or types of infectious diseases. The findings will then be discussed, recommendations will be made and appropriate action taken. We are especially concerned with outbreaks of new diseases, emerging, reemerging and certain notifiable diseases, which may currently be causing concern to the related Governmental Authorities.
1. Suggestions are made regarding the developing of vaccines for certain diseases.
2. In the case of infectious diseases, the appropriate authorities must be notified.
3. Appropriate hygienic precautions to protect the public and also animal farmers would
be put in place.
A vaccine was developed in Iraq for Pneumonic Pasteurellosis (disease of sheep)
using strains of bacteria locally isolated from cases suffering of the disease.
This work was supported by the Iraqi Nuclear Energy Organization. Work on the production of the Subunit Mannheimia haemlytica vaccine was finished and proved successful on the field trial in October 1995. An award ceremony was held at the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
Suggestions were made to evaluate the vaccines and diagnostic tests used in the protection from certain common infectious diseases such as Brucellosis in sheep, cattle and humans, Newcastle Disease in poultry and Tuberculosis in humans and animals. Strategies were followed and through research activities carried out by scientific workers and postgraduate students certain improvements were made.
A national project for the control and eradication of Hydatidoses was planned in Iraq. Updated Scientific measures were followed throughout. The new proposals, which were made, were accepted by the Iraqi Governmental Authorities and new laws were passed accordingly. We received promotion and an award from the Prime Minister in August 1988.
A total published Scientific Research work in the various journals throughout my academic life including published and sent for publication papers were listed below:
1. Al-Zubaidy A., Al-Sultan I.I. Histochemical study on blackish (cloisonné) kidney in Iraqi sheep and gouts. Iraqi Med.J.42:1, (1976)
2. Al-Sultan I.I., Zubaidy A.J. chronic ovine Pneumonia associated with Mycoplasma Infection. Vet.Pathol.15:682 (1978
3. Al-Sultan I.I., Al-Zubaidy A.J. Incidence of pneumonia in sheep in Iraq. The Iraqi J.Vet.Med.2: 3-12, (1978).
4. Al-sadi H.I., Al-Sultan I.I. An interesting case of ocular squamous carcinoma in a mare. Mesopotamia J.Agric. 14:1, 101-108, (1979).
5. Al-Sadi H.I., Al-Sultan I.I. Pneumonia in association with a naturally occurring nymphal linguatulosis in rabbit. J.Coll.Vet.Med.Mosul. 1:2, 101-105, (1980).
6. Al-Sultan I.I., Aitkin I.D. Promotion of Pasteurella haemolytica infection in mice by iron.Res.Vet.Scienc.36:385-386, (1984).
7. Al-Sultan I.I., Aitkin I.D. The tonsiller carriage of Pasteurella haemolytica in lambs.J.Comp.Path.95:193-201, (1985).
8. Dawood K.A., AL-Sultan I.I., Al-Sadi H.I. A stimulant factor of haemopoetic stem cell proliferation isolated from rat bone marrow.Vet.Med.J.34:2,211-222, (1986).
9. Sawa M.I., Al-Sultan I.I. Azab A. Malabsorption syndrome in broiler chickens at Mosul provience. Iraq J. Agric. Sci. (zanco).5:2, (1987).
10. Alwash A.H., Al-Azawe N., Al-Sultan I.I. The use of single cell protein as food to calves. International J.Anim.Prod.Rev.23:4, (1987).
11. AL-Sultan I.I.,AL-Kalidi N.W., Al-Aboudi A.R., Youkhanna S.O. A study on hydatid disease of sheep and cattle in Mosul (Iraq).Zagazig Vet.J.15:2,179-192, (1987).
12. Al-Sultan I.I., Dawood A., K. Mahran E.M. A study of renal diseases in sheep and cattle in Mosul area of Iraq. Indian Vet.J.64:376-379, (1987).
13. Sawa M.I., Al-Sultan I.I. Basher H A. Sharif A.M. Swelled head disease in broiler chicken at Mosul (Iraq). Zagazeig J. Vet. Med. College.1:6, (1988).
14. Al-Melegie A., Al-Sultan I.I. Youghana S.O. Study on the pathology and pathogenesis of actinomycosis (wooden tongue) in sheep and cattle in Iraq. Zagazeig J.Vet.Med.College.16:4, (1988).
15. Al-Sultan I.I., Al-Sadi H.I, Youghana S.O.Pneumonia in sheep in Iraq: A histopathological study. Indian J.Vet.Scienc.58:9, (1988).
16 Singh A.P., Al-Sultan I.I., Amin A.J., Salih A.M., Al-Badrany M.S. Comparison of single layer inverting and everting intestinal anastomoses in donkey.Ind.J.Vet.Surg.9:2,111-115, (1988).
17. El-Meligy A.A., Al-Sultan I.I., Hassan S.M. Pathological studies on some neoplasms of chickens. Zagazig Vet. 17:2, 96-112 (1989).
18. Al-Sultan I.I. Infection of iron-treated rabbits with Pasteurella haemolytica.The Veterinarian 7:197-201, (1989).
19.Al-Dahash S.Y., Al-Sultan I.I., Yasin M.I., Singh A.P. Uterine healing and tissue reactions to suture patterns in ewes.Ind.J.Anim.Scienc.60:11,1290-1294,(1990).
20. Al-Sultan I.I., Al-kannany E.R., Youchana S.O. Histochemical study of carbohydrates in chicken intestine naturally infected with Eimeria tenella.Iraqi J. Vet.Scienc.3:2, (1991).
21. Al-Sultan I.I., Al-Kananny E.R. Histochemistry of HCW of Echinococcus granulosus in the liver of cattle.Ind.J.Parasitol.Scienc.4:10, (1991).
22. Al-Sultan I.I., Basher H.A., Qubua T.Experimental study on pathogenesis of Infectious bronchitis in broiler chickens using viral strain (AM-88).Iraqi J.Vet.Scienc.5:1, (1992).
23. Kako M.D.N., Al-Sultan I.I. Experimental pathological study on Aran toxicity in sheep. Iraqi J.Vet.Scienc.5:1, (1992).
24. Al-Sultan I.I., Youkana S.O., Al-Kannany E.R. A review of lesions diagnosed at the department of pathology, college of veterinary medicine, university of Mosul from 1977 to 1988.Iraqi J.Vet.Scienc.6:1, 1-4, (1993).
25. Kako M.D., Al-Sultan I.I., Saleem A.N. Experimental study on Aran toxicity in sheep.Americ. J.Toxic.Man & Anim.35:4, (1993).
26. Al-Sultan I.I., Radii A.M. Pathological study on chronic infectious ovine pneumonia in north part of Iraq. Iraqi J.Vet.Scienc.7:1, (1994)
27. Sawa M.I.,Al-Sultan I.I., Basher H.A. Study on swelling head disease in broilers at Mosul area-Iraq. Zagazeig J. Vet.Med.College.22:4,(1994).
28. Al-Sadi H.I., Al-Sultan I.I., Youkhana S.O.A pathological study on the so called swelled head disease in rams. Iraqi J.Vet.Scienc.7:2, 65-69, (1994).
29. Al-Sultan.I.I., Al-Kennany I.R. Experimental hydatidosis in chickens. Al-Qadisiya J.1:3, 57-59, (1995).
30. Al-Sultan I.I. Bacterial isolation from sheep pneumonia. Iraqi J.Vet.Scienc.6:1, (1995).
31. Al-Sultan I.I. Prevalence of Pasteurella haemlytica serotypes causing pneumonic pasteurellosis in Iraqi sheep. Iraqi J.Vet.Scienc.8:1,163-166, (1995).
32. Youkana S.O.,Al-Sultan I.I.,Al-Khafaji N.J.Comparative pathological study of Hypericum perforatum and Hypericum crispum toxicity in rabbits. Iraqi J.Vet.Scienc.9:3, 43-50, (1996).
33. Youkana S.O., Al-Sultan I.I., Al-Khafaji N.J. Pathological study of the Hypericum crispum extract toxicity in rabbits. . Iraqi J.Vet.Scienc. 9:2, 51-55, (1996).
34. Al-Sultan I.I. Isolation of plasmids DNA from local strains of Pasteurella haemolytica.Iraqi J.Vet.Scienc.10:1, 45-47, (1997).
35. Al-Sultan I.I., Ismail H.K. Some aspects on the pathogenesis of Pasteurella haemolytica serotype 6 in rabbits. Iraqi J, Vet. Scienc.11:1, 27-37, (1998).
36. Al-Sultan I.I. Production and evaluation of serotype specific antisera against Pasteurella haemolytica.Al-Qadisiya J.3:1, 48-56, (1998).
37. Al-Sultan I.I. The specificity of immunoglobulin in classes raised in rabbits and chicken against live Pasteurella haemolytica.Iraqi J.Vet Scienc.11:1, 61-63, (1998).
38. Al-Sadi H.I., Al-Sultan I.I., Basher H.A. Suspected organophosphorus insecticide poisoning in geese and ducks: A case report. Iraqi J, Vet.Scienc.11:1, 69-70, (1998).
39. Qubih T.S., Al-Sultan I.I., Sawa M.I. Pathogenicity of local strains of Newcastle disease virus treated with temperature and 5-fluorouracil.Iraqi J. Vet Scienc.11:2,209-217, (1998).
40. Al-Sultan I.I., Daoud M.S. A case of massive mixed bovine infection with Cysticercus bovis and Sarcocystis spp. Iraqi J.Vet.Scienc.11:2,273-274, (1998).
41. Jarjees M.T., Al-Sultan I.I., Al-Taee A.F. Prevalence of naturally acquired fasciolasis in slaughtered water buffaloes at Mosul abattoir (Iraq).The Veterinarian.8:1,313-323, (1998).
42. Shindala M.K., Abdul latif A.R., Al-Sultan I.I. Experimental poisoning with aran (Hypericum perforatum) in chicken. Iraqi J.Vet.Scienc.11:2, 99-103, (1998).
43. Al-Sultan I.I., Youkana S.O., Ismail H.K. Interstitial renal necrosis syndrum of calves. Iraqi J.Vet.Med.22:1-2, 35-42, (1998).
44. Al-Sultan I.I., Al-Khaliidi N.W. Gastric Habronemiasis in a donkey. The Veterinarian.9:2,124-126, (1999).
45. Al-Sultan I.I.,Youkana S.O.,Mahran O.M.Study on the pathology and parasitic affection of liver in sheep and cattle at Mosul area. Iraqi J.Vet.Med.23:1, 50-58, (1999).
46. Al-Sultan I.I., Dawood K.A., Nasir M.D. The effect of bovine theileriasis on the proliferation of stem cell and blood cell production. Iraqi J.Vet.Med.23:2,134-140, (1999).
47. Al-Sultan I.I., Jarjees M.T. Notes on the prevalence of hydatidosis in water-buffaloes slaughtered at Mosul's abattoir (Iraq).Iraqi J. Vet. Scienc.12:1,193-195, (1999).
48. Al-Sultan I.I., Jarjees M.T., Al-Sanjary R.A. Tenuicollsis in sheep and cattle at Mosul abattoir, Iraq. Iraqi J. Vet. Scienc. 12:1,115-119, (1999).
49. Al-Sultan I.I., Al-Sadi H.I. Pathological observation on ocular squamous carcinoma in farm animals. Iraqi J. Vet. scienc.12:2,375-377, (1999).
50. Al-Sadi H.I., Al-Sultan I.I. A report of two cases of bovine tuberculosis in Nineveh province. Iraqi J. Vet. Scienc.12:2,379-382, (1999).
51. Al-Sultan I.I., Jarjees M.T. Animal fascioliasis: A territorial problem of increasing importance. Scientific Review. The Veterinarian.9:3, 1-6, (1999).
52. Saleem A.N., Kako M.D.N., Al-Sultan I.I. Experimental electrocardiographic studies in sheep intoxicated with Hypericum perforatum. Iraqi J.Vet.Med.. 23:2,104-112, (1999).
53. Qubih T.S., Al-Sultan I.I., Sawa M.I. The pathogenicity of some local isolates of Newcastle disease virus in chickens. Iraqi J.Vet.Scienc.12:1, 95-102, (1999).
54. Al-Sultan I.I. The recognition and tissue distribution of individual A-serotypes of Pasteurella haemolytica by immunofluorescenc.Iraqi J.Vet.Med.24:1,124-140, (2000).
55. Al-Sultan I.I., Shamun A.A. Viral diseases in faobro chickens breeders. Iraqi J.Vet.Med.24:1, 19-30, (2000).
56. Al-Sultan I.I., Shamun A.A. Diagnosis of non-viral infection in faobro chicken breeders. Iraqi J. Vet. Med. 24:2, 5-14, (2000).
57. Al-Sultan I.I., Al-Kennany E.R. Experimental study on some protective methods against hydated cyst infection in mice. Iraqi J.Vet.Med.24:2,179-195, (2000).
58. Youkhana S.O., Al-Sultan I.I., Ismail H.K. Hepatic lesions in sheep and cattle in Mosul area. Iraqi J. Vet Scienc.13:1, 21-27, (2000).
59. Al-Sultan I.I., Al-Sadi H.I.Ovine systemic pasteurellosis caused by Pasteurella haemolytica biotype T: A scientific review. Iraqi J.Vet.Scienc.12:1, 1-5, (2000).
60. Al-Sultan I.I., Jarjees M.T., Daoud M.S. Hypoderma ageratum in sheep in Mosul, Iraq; (case report).Iraqi J.Vet.Scienc.13:1, 219,(2000).
61. Al-Sultan I.I., Al-Taee E.H., Rahif R.H. Cysticercus fasciolaris (cestoda) in the livers of mice. Iraqi J. Vet. Med. 25:2, 99-103, (2001).
62. Al-Sultan I.I., Al-Taee E.H., Abdul Rahman R.A. The pathological changes induced by intestinal and ceacal worms’ in housed chicken. Symposium of the eight scientific conferences, University of Babylon, 23-25 April, ( 2002).
63. Al-Sammariae E.A.,Al-Taee E .H.,Al-Sultan I.I. Pathological changes after infection of guinea pigs with Mycobacterium tuberculosis (experimental model).Al-Qadisiya J.Vet.Med.Scienc.1:2,50-53,(2002).
64. Mahdee M.A.A., Al-Sultan I.I. Study of some pathogenic properties of psychrotrophic Bacillus cereus. Iraqi J. Vet Med.26:2, 78-83, (2002).
65. Al-Taee E.H., Al-Sultan I.I. Experimental infection of normal and irradiated cerceria of Schistosoma haematobium in mice. Al-Qadisiya J. VET.Med.Scienc.1:2, 16-23, (2002).
66. Al-Sultan I.I., Al-Sammariae F.K.S. Isolation and identification of Corynebacterium ovis from slaughtered sheep and goats in Baghdad abattoirs. Iraqi J.Vet.Med.26:2, 72-76, (2002).
67. Alsofie L.A.,Al-Sultan I.I.,Alouboide A.R. Effect of infective dose of Brucella abortus on vaccinated and non vaccinated guinea pigs with Reiv.1 vaccine locally produced. Al-Qadisiya J.Vet.Med.Scienc.2:1, 21-30,(2003).
68. Alsofie L.A. and Al-Sultan I.I. Pathological changes associated with Brucella abortus infection in guinea pigs vaccinated with Riv.1 vaccine produced locally. Al-Qadisiya J.Vet.Med.Scienc.2:1, 11-20,(2003).
69. Al-Sultan I.I., Al-Saadi R.N. Experimental pathological study of nitrate toxicity in broilers. Iraqi J. Vet.Med.28:1, 33-39, (2004).
70. Al-Saadi R.N., Al-Sultan I.I. Haematological changes in the level of Hb and Met-Hb induced in broilers after nitrate toxicity. Iraqi J. Vet.Med.28:1, 25-32, (2004).
71. Mahdee M.A., Al-Sultan I.I. Role of some psychrotrophic aerobic spore forming bacteria in spoilage of raw milk. Iraqi J. Vet. Med.28:1, 57-63, (2004).
72. Al-Sultan I.I., Al-Shammry O.E., Al-Taae E.H. Ganglioneuroma in cow. Thamar Uni.J.Res.Studies.6:38-42, (2006).
73. Al-Sultan I.I. Preparation of LPS vaccine from the wall of Mannheimia( Pasteurella) haemolytica isolated from sheep infected with pulmonary form of pasteurellosis (part one). Thamar Uni. J. Stu. Res.3:23-29, (2006).
74. Al-Sultan I.I. Vaccine for pneumonic pasteurellosis used as LPS from the wall of Mannheimia (Pasteurella) haemolytic (subunit vaccine) (part two).Thamar Uni.J.Res.Studies.9:19-26, (2008).
75. Mohd Azam Khan Goriman Khan, Imad Ibrahim Al-Sultan, Othman bin Mansor, Jasbir Singh, Ali Reza Badiei and Ibrahim Che Omar,Establishment of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Malaysia Kelantan. Paper presented at the 22nd Veterinary Association Malaysia & 4th Wildlife Society of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine (2010).
76. Al-Sultan I.I., Tarik I.A. and Omar E. I. Incidental Occurrence and Risk Factors of Brucellosis in Teaching Hospital. Journal of Advanced Medical Research, Vol.1; No. 1,1-7 (2011) .
77. Al-Sultan I.I. and Al- Jamal.SM. Pathogenesis of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis in Rabbits (Experimental Model for Human Disease). Journal of Advanced Medical Research, Vol.1; No. 1, 8-15, (2011).
78. Omar E.I., Al-Sultan I.I., Talib A. M. Blood Picture of Lead Acetate Toxicity in Chicken. Journal of Advanced Biomedical & Pathobiology Research, Vol.1; No.1, 15-20 (2011).
79. Omar E.I., Al-Sultan I.I., Talib A. M. Pathological changes induced by chronic exposure to Lead Acetate and treatment with Calcium Disodium Edetate in broilers. Journal of Advanced Biomedical & Pathobiology Research, Vol.1; No.1, 26-31, (2011).
80. Othman M., Al-Sultan I.I., Omar E.I., Hassan A.R., Mohamed Z. Congenital Renal Dysplasia in A Male Goat- A Case Report. Journal of Advanced Biomedical & Pathobiology Research, Vol.1; No.1, 21-25, (2011).
81. Tarik Ibrahim ALI, O.E. Ibrahim, I.I. Al-Sultan. Case report of Acute Abdomen Caused by Enterobiasis with Ectopic Infestation. Journal of Advanced Medical Research,Vol.1;No.2,65-70, (2011) .
82.Muhammad M.S, Fazlina F., Jasbir S., Arshad M.M., Mohd Azam Khan G.K., Al- Sultan I.I. Isolation of bacteria from bovine meat obtained from backyard slaughter in Kelantan.Journal of Advanced Medical Research,Vol.1;No.2,61-64, (2011).
83. Al-Sultan I.I. (2011) .Eradicating poverty in the Arab world. In, Issues and Strategies in Poverty Eradication. Editor; Ibrahim Che Omar,UMK publisher/Malaysia.
84. Mahmoud K. A., AL-Sultan I.I. (2011). Childhood in Iraq; the Suffering and Violations under the American Embargo and Occupation. Proceeding of the International seminar 2011.On Humanities: Issues and Challenges. In conjunction with UNESCO international days, years and decades 2011, 23-24 /10 /2011.UMK.
85. Omar E.I. Al-Sultan I.I. Talib A.M. Evaluation of 5% Calcium Disodium Edetate in treatment of Lead Acetate toxicity (Experimental Model for human disease). Journal of Advanced Biomedical & Pathobiology Research ,Vol.2; No.1, 5-13, (2012).
86. Fazlina, F., Al-Sultan, I. I. and Jasbir, S. Antibiotic sensitivity of pathogenic bacteria isolated from beef samples obtained from Kota Bharu and its surrounding provinces. Journal of Advanced Medical Research. Vol.2; No. 1. 8-11,(2012).
87. Fazlina F., Muhammad M.S, Al- Sultan I.I. Jasbir S. Bacterial contamination of Bovine Meat in Kota Bharu and surrounding provinces (2011). ). Journal of Advanced Biomedical & Pathobiology Research ,Vol.2; No.1, 1-4, (2012).
88. Muhammad M.S., Erkihun Aklilu, Arshad M.M., I.I. Al- Sultan. The penetrability of selected bacteria on the raw bovine meat Journal of Advanced Medical Research. Vol.2; No. 1. 12-17,(2012).
89. AI-Sultan I.I, Al-Shamary O I. A prospective study for assessment of Diabetes Mellitus control at Hodeidah. Sent for publication. (2012).
90. Al-Sultan I.I., Al-Shamary O.I. Distribution of hepatitis B virus antigen in different blood groups in patients and blood donors. Sent for publication. (2012)
91. Al-Sultan I.I., Ali M.M. Tonsiller carriage of bacteria in Iraqi lambs and sheep. Sent for publication. (2012).
92. Al-Sultan I.I., Ali M.M.The importance of tonsiller bacterial residence in disease existence. Sent for publication. (2012).
93. Al-Sultan I.I., Al-Ouboide A.R. Al-Oubidy A.A. Penetration of some pathogenic bacteria through meet surfaces. Sent for publication. (2012).
Master students graduates
1.Saleh Saleh Mohammed AlJammal (2009).Pathogenesis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in laboratory animals (Rabbits).
2. Abeer Abase A. Al-Obaydee (2003). Penetration rate of pathogenic and spoilage bacteria through meat surfaces.
3. May Mohammed Ali (2003). The commensal occurrence of bacteria in tonsiller area in sheep and its importance in disease occurrence.
4. Nesrein Ahmad al-Duleamei (2003). Effect of application of laser on wound healing using laboratory animals as experimental model.
5. Abtisam Ibrahim Al-Azaweei (2003).Documentation the history of Veterinary Medicine in Arab culture.
6. Raghad Nadoom Mohammad Al-Saadi (2001). Experimental pathological study on nitrate toxicity in broilers.
7. Leith Abdulmajeed Abdulkaleek (2001).Pathological evaluation of some used vaccines in sheep protection against Brucella infection.
8. Fouad Kamel Saloom Al-Sammariae (2002). Public health importance of caseous lymphadenitis disease in slaughtered sheep and gouts at Baghdad abattoirs.
9. Hassanan Ahmad Abdulrazak (2001). The effect of radiation on nutritional materials value afterusing food preservation methods.
10. Ebba Taha Abid Hareef (2002).Measurement of nitrite percentages and values in water at Baghdad city.
11. Hanaa Kalial Ismail (1997). Studies on some aspects on the pathogenesis of Pasteurella haemolytica serotype 6 in rabbits.
12. Alaa Abdulahad Shamun (1999). Retrospective study on the pathology of Faobro chicken breed in Iraq.
13. Hazao Omar Muhammad Murad (1999). The microbial hygienic status of locally produced ice cream in Baghdad city.
14. Lilla Ali Ahmad Al-Haidarie (1999). Identification and characterization of Staphylococcus aureus from wet cheese as producer for Beta-Lacteimase and effect of preservatives on bacterial viability.
15. Mahaa Dowood Naser Kako (1989). Experimental pathological study on Aran toxicity in sheep.
Doctor of philosophy graduates
1.Samoual Youhana Yokanah (1995). Experimental pathological studies on the toxicity of Hypericium perforatum and Hypericium crispum after extraction in rabbits.
2. Salah Mahde Hassan (1997). Pathological and virological studies on infectious bursal disease in chicken in Iraq.
3. Entesar Raheen Al-Kenaney(1998). A study on the capability of oxidative stress by hydrogen peroxide to induce atheromatous lesions experimentally in chickens.
4.Tariq S.Qubih (1998). Studies on the pathogenicity of some local isolates of NewCastel disease virus in chicken in Iraq.
5.Muataz Abdulwahed Abdulmunium Mahde (2001). The role of some psycrotrophic aerobic spore forming bacteria (Bacillus cereus) in spoilage of raw milk.
6. Ahmad Hammed Aboud (2003).Experimental study on the pathogenicity of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in laboratory animals after the use of treatment regimen.
7.Nehaad Abdulrazak (2003).Kineticks of feed assimilation in Faobro chicken.
Currently, Professor Dr. Imad Ibrahim Ali Al-Sultan is also a member of many Societies of interest to specialty and profession
1. European society of Toxopathology (ESTP)/Europe
2. Association of Veterinary teachers and research workers/UK
3. Malaysian society of Veterinary Pathology/Malaysia
4. Arab Veterinary Medical syndicate/Tunisia
5. Iraqi association of veterinary Medicine/Iraq
6. Sheep Vet. Society/UK
7. Asian society of veterinary pathology /Asian countries
MEMBERSHIP OF COMMITTEES
Member of the Advisory Committee for PhD Students in the Department of Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Baghdad University, Baghdad, Iraq 1st April 2002.
Member of the Advisory Committee for PhD Students in the Department of Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Baghdad University, Baghdad, Iraq 6th May 2002.
Member of the Advisory Committee for PhD Students in the Department of Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Baghdad University, Baghdad, Iraq 16th September 2002.
Member of the Advisory Committee for PhD Students in the Department of Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Baghdad University, Baghdad, Iraq 30th January 2003.
Member of Committee for Fifth Year Graduate Student, College of Veterinary Medicine, Al- Qadisiya University, Al-Qadisiya, Iraq 5th June 1999.
Member of Committee for Fifth Year Graduate Student, College of Veterinary Medicine, Al- Qadisiya University, Al-Qadisiya, Iraq 13th June 2000.
Member of Committee for Fifth Year Graduate Student, College of Veterinary Medicine, Al- Qadisiya University, Al-Qadisiya, Iraq 14th June 2001.
SCIENTIFIC WORK AND PUBLICATIONS
I have published more than 85 Research Papers in local and world scientific magazine and more than70 Media Scientific, Social and Cultural Articles in various journals and magazines at home and outside.
My Top Professional Publications in the field:
1. ‘Chronic ovine Pneumonia Associated with Mycoplasma Infection’
I.I Al-Sultan & A.J Zubaidy in “Veterinary pathological’ 15:682, 1978.
2. ‘Incidence of Pneumonia in sheep in Iraq’
I.I Al-Sultan & A.J Zubaidy in Iraqi Veterinary medical Journal’ 2: 3-12, 1978.
3. ‘Promotion of Pasteurella haemolytica Infection in Mice by Iron’
I.I Al-Sultan, I.D. Aitken, Res. In ‘Vet Science’ 36: 385, 1984.
4. ‘The Tonsillar Carriage of Pasteurella haemolytica in Lambs’
I.I Al-Sultan, I.D. Aitken, in ‘Journal of Comp. Path’. 95: 193- 201, 1985.
5. ‘Infection of Iron-Treated Rabbits with Pasteurella haemolytica’.
I.I. Al-Sultan, in ‘The Veterinarian’ 7: 197- 201, 1989.
6. ‘Prevalence of Pasteurella haemolytica Stereotypes, Causing Pneumonic Pasteurellosis in Iraqi Sheep’.
I.I. Al-Sultan, in the ‘Iraqi Journal of Veterinary Science’ 8:1, 163- 166, 1995.
7. ‘Isolation of Plasmid DNA from Local Strain of Pasteurella haemolytica’
I.I. Al-Sultan, in the ‘Iraqi Journal of Veterinary Science’ 10: 1, 45- 47, 1997.
8. Some Aspect on Pathogenesis of Pasteurella haemolytica Stereotype 6 in Rabbits’.
I.I. Al-Sultan, & H.K. Ismail, in Iraqi Journal of Veterinary Science, 11: 1, 27-37, 1998.
9. The Specificity of Immunoglobulin Classes raised in Rabbits and Chickens Against Live Pasteurella haemolytica.
I.I. Al-Sultan, the ‘Iraqi Journal of Veterinary Science’ 11: 1, 61- 63, 1998.
10. Preparation of Pasteurella Haemolytica LPS Vaccine from Iraqi Isolates of Pasteurella Haemolytica, isolated from Sheep Pneumonic Pasteurellosis (Part 1).
I.I. Al-Sultan, ‘Thamar University Journal for Research and Studies’, 3: 23-29, 2006.
11. Al-Sultan I.I. Vaccine for pneumonic pasteurellosis used as LPS from the wall of Mannheimia (Pasteurella) haemolytic (subunit vaccine) (part two).
I.I.Al-Sultan.Thamar University Journal for Research and Studies.9:19-26, (2008).
I have published 3 books in my specialty and related subjects
(Two of them were curriculum)
1.‘Veterinary morbid Anatomy’, Mosul University Press, Iraq 1983
I.I. Al-Sultan, A.J. Al-Zubaidy
2.‘Special Veterinary Pathology’, Mosul University Press, Iraq 1987
I.I Al-Sultan, H.I. Al-Sadi & A.M. Al-Darrajy
3.‘The Science of Animal Pathology’ Mosul University Press, Iraq 1999
I.I. Al-Sultan & H.I. Al-Sadi
1. English Language and Study Skill course at the Edinburgh Foundation, November 6th – December 22nd 1978.
2. British Council Course on Management and Disease of Sheep. Edinburgh March 5th – 17th 1978.
MEDICAL AND SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCES ATTENDED
1. Paper presentation at the Second Scientific Conference of Iraqi Scientific Research Foundation, Baghdad, 6th -11th December 1975.
2. The First Scientific Symposium on Hydatid Disease, Baghdad, April 1989.
3. First Scientific Conference of Iraqi Society of Surgeon, Baghdad: Oct. 13th – 14th 1999.
4. The fifth Scientific Professional Conference of the Iraqi Veterinary Syndicate. Baghdad, 14th- 16th December 1997.
5. The Sixth Scientific Professional Conference of the Iraqi Veterinary Syndicate. Baghdad, 26th- 28th October 1998.
6. The Seventh Scientific Professional Conference of the Iraqi Veterinary Medical Syndicate, Baghdad, 10th- 12th November, 1999.
7. The Third Scientific Conference on Zoonotic and Communicable Diseases. University of Baghdad, College of Veterinary Medicine. 16th – 17th May 2000.
8. The Ninth Scientific Conference of the General Federation of the Arab Veterinarians, Baghdad 14th – 16th November 2000.
9. The First National Conference on Veterinary Medical Science, Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Al-Qadisiya University of Iraq. 18th – 19th November 2000.
10. The Ninth Scientific Professional Conference of the Iraqi Veterinary Medical Syndicate, Baghdad, Iraq. 11th – 13th November 2001.
11.The third Scientific Conference of the College of the Veterinary Medicine, university of Mosul, Iraq. 9th – 10th May 2002.
12.The Fifth Scientific Conference on Zoonotic and Communicable Disease, University of Baghdad, College of Veterinary Medicine. 15th – 16th April 2002.
13. The Eight Scientific Conference of University of Babylon, Iraq 23rd – 25th April 2002.
14. The Sixth Yemeni Italian Medical Conference on Neoplastic Diseases.Thamar University, Yemen, May, 2005.
15. Paper presentation at the 22nd Veterinary Association Malaysia Congress And 4th Asian Wildlife Society Of Zoo And Wildlife Medicine International Meeting ,30/72010-1/8/2010, Kuala Lumpur.
16. Participation in the 31st Annual Conference Of Malaysian Society Of Animal Production, 6/6/2010- 8/6/2010, Kota Bharu, Renaissance Hotel, Kelantan.
17. Paper presentation in the 2nd conference of Malaysian Association of veterinary pathologist held in Saba, May/ 2010.
18. Paper presentation in the RENPER workshop held at UMK, October/2010.
19. Participate in the (Seminar on advances in small and large animal diseases) organized by the center of tropical animal production and disease studies (CENTRAS),Faculty of Vet, Medicine, University Putra Malaysia, on 11th of February 2010
20. Attended the Congress Professor Negara 2011, held at Petra world Trade Center (PWTC), Kuala Lumpur 6-8/7 /2011.
21.Attended the international conference of Malaysian society for microbiology 2011,Bay view Beach Resort,Penang,8-11/12/2011, presenting paper, and invited as posters judge.
22. Attended the International seminar 2011. Humanities: Issues and Challenges. In conjunction with UNESCO international days, years and decades2011, 23-24 /10 /2011.UMK, presenting a paper.
23. Paper presentation at the ASSOC. OF MALAYSIAN VETERINARY PATHOLOGIST, 3RD CONFERENCE, And CHALLENGES IN ANIMAL DISEASE DIAGNOSIS 13/05/2011- 15/05/2011 Pahang, Malaysia.
24. Attended the International Seminar On The Situasion Of The Iraqi Academics 09/03/2011- 11/03/2011, Ghent University, Belgium.
25. Attended the ASIAN SOLIDARITY ECONOMY FORUM, 31/10/2011- 2/11/2011.The theme (Social enterprise as a vehicle for socio-economic transformation of communities, Seri Cempaka (PGRM), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
1.Organized and ran a course for continuous education on Environmental Pollution and its Reflection on Public Health at the College of Veterinary Medicine, Baghdad University, November 4th -6th 2001. This was attended by officials from the Ministries of Trade, Industry and Health.
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH PAPER PRESENTED AT MEETING IN BRITAIN
1. Annual General Meeting of the Association of Veterinary Teachers and Research Workers, Scarborough, Britain in April 1981.
2. Annual General Meeting of the Association of Veterinary Teachers and Research Workers, Scarborough, Britain in April 1982.
3. The Scientific Conference of the Sheep Veterinary Society, held at Harriet Watt University at Edinburgh, in March 1985.
4. Annual General Meeting of the Association of Veterinary Teachers and Research Workers, Scarborough, Britain in April 1987.
5. Annual General Meeting of the Association of Veterinary Teachers and Research Workers, Scarborough, Britain in April 1990.
1. Elected Member of the Council of the Iraqi Scientific Veterinary medical Society.
2. Member of the Editorial Board of Scientific Journals at Mosul and Baghdad University.
3.Consultant and Head of team in the center of Research and production of Veterinary Drugs and Vaccine, Directorate of Research Development, Ministry of Industry, Iraq.
4. Member of Scientific Advisory and Consultant Committee of the Veterinarian Journal, Published by the Iraqi Veterinary medical Syndicate.
5.Consultant in the Field of Pathology and Public Health at the Council of Research and Industrial Development, Ministry of Industry, Iraq, 2001- 2003.
CHAIRMAN OF COMMITTEES
I am a member and Chairman of more than 40 scientific committees, which set the examinations in various specialties, for Diploma, MSc, and PhD students, studying in the Universities and scientific institution throughout Iraq.
1. Chairman of the Committee for Organizing the Annual Scientific Conference of the Postgraduate Students, the College of Veterinary Medicine. Baghdad University, Iraq, 2003- 2003.
2. Chairman of Examination Committee for PhD Students in the Department of Public Health, College of Veterinary medicine. Baghdad University, Baghdad, Iraq. 11th May 2001.
3. Chairman of Examination Committee for MSc Students in the Department of Biology, College of Science. Al-Mustanseriya University, Baghdad, Iraq. 15th April 2002.
4. Chairman of Examination Committee for PhD Students in the Department of Pathology, College of Veterinary medicine. Baghdad University, Baghdad, Iraq. 25th April 2002.
5. Chairman of Examination Committee for PhD Students in the Department of Parasitology, College of Veterinary medicine. Baghdad University, Baghdad, Iraq. 2nd May 2002.
6. Chairman of Examination Committee for MSc Students in the Department of Public Health, College of Veterinary medicine. Baghdad University, Baghdad, Iraq. 4th May 2001.
Community Services In UMK
1. Participate as advisor in the field of animal production (programme SEED 11) held on 11-26/7/2011 in Tempat area/Kelantan, to serve the society and people motivation in enterpruneal projects for cat fish production.
2. Assist in the morphologic diagnosis of dead animals in collaborative work with the veterinary service department in the field of pathology.
3. Participate in the programme of education to students in the secondary schools throw lecture on education in Iraq organized by academic department in our university entitled (Some views on education in Iraq).
4. Writing a morphologic diagnostic histopathology report on some cases of dead animals in collaborative work with the veterinary service department in the field of pathology.
5. Appointed as Editor in –chief for the Journal of advanced Biomedical and Pathobiology Research at 1/7/2011 and a member of Governor in Design for Scientific Renaissance.
6. Appointed as Executive Editor for the Journal of Advanced Medical Research at 15/9/2011 at Design for Scientific Renaissance.
Languages: Speaks Arabic as first language ,Speaks English fluently. Studied through the medium of English. Lectures through the medium of English. Attended English Language and Study Skills Course at the Edinburgh Foundation. Able to communicate well with both students and colleagues and has a natural rapport with people.
Computer: Computer literate, familiar with Windows and Microsoft Office, use powerpoint, when preparing lectures. I have my own PC with Internet access, which I use daily in the course of my work.
Name : Imad Ibrahim Ali Al-Sultan
Date of Birth : 1st July 1952
Gender : Male
Nationality : Iraqi
Holder of Negative Hepatitis B and AIDS Test Certificate.